We treat children, adolescents and adults struggling with:
- school issue
- behavior issues
- psychotic disorders
- eating disorders
- parenting skills
- coping skills
- relationship issues
- self esteem
- life transitions
- bipolar disorders
- emotional disturbance
- peer relationships
We have board certified psychiatrists that will perform a comprehensive diagnostic psychiatric evaluation in order to formulate a highly personalized treatment plan for your unique struggles and challenges. We understand taking medication is an important decision and one that should be well thought out. We take into account multiple aspects of your current health (medications, medical problems, undesired side effects, lifestyle and stressors) before choosing which medication may be best for you.
Our therapists provide a supportive and non-judgmental environment to help you along your journey to well- being. They bring many years of experience and education to help identify and change thought patterns and behaviors that have not been working for you. They guide you towards your best actualized self. Your treatment will be personalized and may interface with several different modalities of treatment. Please see below for a list of the different modalities that are used.
Our psychotherapists are proficient in…
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Women’s issues
- Mindfulness based approaches
- Perinatal mood disorders
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Family therapy
- Brief psychotherapy
- Stress reduction
- The Daring Way, Brene’ Brown
- Motivational interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
- Play therapy
- Neurofeedback is a “learning paradigm” that utilizes a form of operant conditioning EEG feedback:
- The trainee’s brain must exhibit the desired frequency and amplitude first, and the “reward” follows (e.g. video screen gets larger, more points are scored on video games, music volume increases, etc).
- With repeated NFB sessions, neuroplastic changes occur in synaptic connections that subserve communications in the networks that have been trained.
- The final effect is that networks, in the brain, that have been trained produce more efficient communications that allow greater flexibility, resilience, and control over previously dysregulated brain networks.
- This results in symptom relief and/or optimization of desired behaviors.
Neurofeedback can help with:
*Overall mood regulation
*Technology Assisted Meditation
“The term “Ayurveda” combines the Sanskrit words ayur (life) and veda (science or knowledge). Ayurvedic medicine, as practiced in India, is one of the oldest systems of medicine in the world. Many Ayurvedic practices predate written records and were handed down by word of mouth. Three ancient books known as the Great Trilogy were written in Sanskrit more than 2,000 years ago and are considered the main texts on Ayurvedic medicine.”
—Caraka Samhita, Sushruta Samhita, and Astanga Hridaya
Key concepts of Ayurvedic medicine include universal interconnectedness (among people, their health, and the universe), the body’s constitution (prakriti), and life forces (dosha), which are often compared to the biologic humors of the ancient Greek system. Using these concepts, Ayurvedic practitioners prescribe individualized treatments, including compounds of herbs or proprietary ingredients, and diet, exercise, and lifestyle recommendations.